About Me

My photo
I have 5 beautiful kids (2 that I had and 3 that my husband had) I am married to the perfect person, he's funny, kind and he's my best friend. We love doing so much of the same things. God is most important in my life, my family and friends are right up there too. I pray my kids will find love and happiness. I hope I have lots of grandchildren some day. I enjoy doing crafts, scrapbooking,sewing, gardening, reading, having family and friends over and I want to write a book someday, that about describes me.

Find a Cure

Find a Cure
Cure Type 1 Diabetes - My son developed diabetes at age 12

Friday, November 15, 2013

Healthy Eating :-)

Well its been a month of changing our eating habits. We decided after watching my son get into shape, he has lost about 85 lbs., works out, eats healthy and feels better for it, that it was worth trying.

1. First me and my husband watched a show called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" by Joe Cross and the we also watched Fork over Knives. What great shows, it will change your life for the better. It shows you how to eat right and still feel good. I was on 12 medications and I was sick of it, I have an autoimmune disease and always felt sick, I am now down to 1 medication and that one used to be 150 mg , which I am now 50 mg. 1 time a day. I feel better than I have ever felt in my life.

2. I have also lost 20 lbs and I plan for that to continue. I just bought a small little stair stepper and plan on using this daily as I now feel I have the energy to exercise which I never had before. Yea!!!

3. I plan to stay eating healthy forever, this is not a diet but a life time change in how I see food. I want to feel good and have energy forever, not just temporary and to just lose weight and get off medications temporary. I want to be around to see grandchildren someday.

4. I have a goal and when I reach it I plan on me and my husband going on a trip as my reward, even though the weight is not the top priority, its up there on the ladder pretty high.  I have been burden by it for so long that I don't remember what it feel like to be thin anymore and I know I will feel better and feel better about myself when I am thinner.

5. Learning to eat healthy is a lot of work from shopping to cooking but I can tell you it is all worth it. My husband is so wonderful and cooks our meals, (what would I do without him) He goes to the grocery store with me too, what a big help, so if you have someone to help you a spouse, a friend, a sibling, a parent, anyone so you can support each other, it will become very routine after a while. We do a lot of juicing, which you will see if you watch Joe Crosses show. I can say having the right equipment is huge and makes life much easier if you do.

6. I am going to blog and keep track here with my goals as a support for me and anyone else who is trying to do the same thing and I wish anyone else luck and so much easier than I ever thought it would be. No sugar, No dairy, No caffeine, No meat (a little seafood) gotta have my shrimp lol. Once I reach my goal weight I will have seafood and chicken and only have red meat as a treat a few times a year in very small amounts. It is a personal choice how you make your healthy eating, I think its all good as long as you are taking advice from the right experts and you feel healthy and follow your doctors advice its all good.

7. I will have my husband do photos even though I hate my picture taken, but right now I will just go with the one that is up at the top and in a month I will post a new one as we are going to do new family pictures.

Have a great weekend. :-) Ronda

No comments: